I’m always surprised when there’s a heatwave and then I always wonder why I’m surprised, since I live in the Midwest. 🙂 This week I made some cakes and prepared to hold a party to celebrate my sister-in-law’s upcoming wedding, the summer went by so fast! Here’s what I love this week!
1. This one watermelon slicer! This handy little tool has over 5,000 reviews and I’m obsessed! At first I thought it was too good to be right but I’m so glad I tried it.
Get it from someone who got stitches after cutting a watermelon… this is definitely worth having in your kitchen drawer.
3. I was in Springfield yesterday for my sister-in-law’s wedding party, and we had so much fun! I’ve used these signs from Etsy to tie in with the theme, and the theme is that “she was appreciated” meets “sweet summer”.
I think my favorite sign is this—We customized it into a mocktail recipe and topped it with cotton candy. The cookies pictured are on the dessert table and we have other candies and snacks to tie it all together.
5. We bought my son this big return home there’s a fountain, and so far, he doesn’t like it… ALL, ha! His cousin loves it, and I hope he gets used to it by the end of the summer!
6. I have a new hack for Ice cream machines! I keep the bowl in the freezer all the time! It contains our ice cream or frozen fruit in a stasher bag. That way, I never have to wait for the mixing bowl to freeze before making my ice cream.
7. I’ve been trying to find more ways to keep my toys organized, or at least look organized, and this IKEA shelf was really helpful!
I had a few friends take it after seeing it in action. this is a Similar version from Walmart in case you don’t have IKEA access.
9. Have you seen the new one? Top Guns movie yet? We’ll see it at the drive tonight. I love going to the drive-in movie theater — we try to go at least once or twice every summer.
10. I just bought this 50 states book to add to my son’s 4th of July book collection, and even though it’s a children’s book, I feel like I learned a lot from it too! Especially as someone who has changed status a few times… I find it really interesting!
Hope you had a great weekend! xoxo, Claire
PS Here is a link to last week 10 things Sunday In case you lost it!