My son turned 2 on Tuesday, and I’ve been feeling very missed all week. It’s also heating up a bit, so we’re pulling the splash pad out and getting everything summer ready.
Here’s what I love this week!
1. Peony is my favorite flower. I have some flower bushes, but just ordered a few bouquets from a neighbor and friend who actually owns a Peony farm. Isn’t that just a dream? If you are in the KC area, give @JuliePalPeonies a follow up!
2. Most of the previous weeks were over 90 degrees. Obviously we went straight from winter to summer. I broke mine ice cream maker and made my first batch this past weekend!
3. We just started using Solo WILLfire pit tove campfire again, it’s best when the night subsides in early spring/summer in the Midwest. I love this fire pit because my hair doesn’t smell like a camper after a night of sitting by the fire!
5. I really like this berry barrel. It has an extra small tray underneath for drainage, and I love that you can divide the berries.
6. For our son’s birthday party, our theme was “Two Farms.” I won’t even lie — I stuck some cakes made by @juliasmessykitchen in the freezer to store for yourself. No apologies for that either.
7. These cycling shorts has a hidden pocket and will be a staple this summer!
8. I just bought this instant reading meat/candy thermometer. It has magnets to stick to the fridge and over 100,000 Amazon reviews!
9. In the summer… well, OK, most of the year, I live in baseball caps. This Lululemon ball cap really light and cute. I have a pink one and have been taking it all the time on my way out the door.
10. I just pulled out bug bite tool. This is a summer necessity! Keely originally told me about it, and I’m forever grateful. I was one of those people who started to swell from bug bites!
PS Here is a link to last week 10 things Sunday In case you lost it!