Looking for DIY Christmas card ideas? Maybe you want to make a Christmas card with a photo? Today, I’m sharing three Christmas card ideas that anyone can make AND a long list of other ideas and links. Acclaim!
In this article, I am working with Canon USA. i used mine Canon IVY 2 . Mini Photo Printer for each of these card ideas. I love this little printer! It’s compact, easy to use, and you can use an app to print photos from your phone. You can even add design elements like frames in the app.
We also have a special code for our readers! You can get an extra $10 when you buy Canon IVY 2 Mini Photo printer with code ABM on Canon USA Online Store until December 31, 2022.
In addition, users will also receive a free IVY Case if they purchase a Canon IVY 2 Mini Photo printer from the Canon Online Store.
The prints are stickers! So you can easily use them for projects like DIY cards or other photo projects.
I love making handmade cards—especially cards with pictures. These are especially great for loved ones, like our son’s grandmother. Plus, if you’re giving a gift card, adding it to a handmade card makes it even more special and personal.
The general idea of these Christmas card ideas are small cuts in the design that you can see part of the photo below when looking through.
I’ve created card designs with socks, garlands, and Christmas trees, but there are MANY other ways you can use this basic idea.
More photo card ideas:
This is Canon IVY 2 . Mini Photo Printer in action. You see the photo printing in the app as it prints itself out of the printer. It’s super easy to use and I love the pictures as stickers! Also, this printer is currently on sale for $99, $89 with code ‘ABM’!
How to make these photo cards:
- Use the X-Acto knife to cut the holes your photo will pass through. You may want to lightly sketch your design in pencil first.
- Cut out any fabric or paper shapes for your design and stick them on the card.
- Use a hot glue gun to add any larger pieces like pipe cleaners or yarn bows.
- Print your photo and align to the holes in your design before unpacking and gluing the inside of your card.
Now you can add a message inside the card or stick a gift card inside! It’s really simple.
Here are a few other ideas you can create from this concept:
- A truck with a Christmas tree on top with windows cut out to show the photo.
- A string of Christmas lights with some of them cut out to show the photo below.
- A pile of presents with some boxes cut out to show the photo.
- A candy cane wreath with the middle cut out for photography.
For more crafts like this, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decorations and more in your inbox!
Use the X-Acto knife to cut the holes your photo will pass through. You may want to lightly sketch your design in pencil first.
Cut out any fabric or paper shapes for your design and stick them on the card.
Use a hot glue gun to add any larger pieces like pipe cleaners or yarn bows.
Print your photo and align to the holes in your design before unpacking and gluing the inside of your card.
Once done, you can add a message or stick a gift card inside.