News

Aid workers say Ethiopian air strike in northwest Tigray killed 56 people

Army spokesman Colonel Getnet Adane and government spokesman Legesse Tulu did not immediately respond to requests for comment. The government previously denied targeting civilians during the 14-month conflict with the rebels Tigrayan’s Force.

Both aid workers, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media, said the death toll had been confirmed by local authorities.

The aid worker sent Reuters pictures, which they said had taken of the injured in the hospital, including many children.
The attack hit the camp in the town of Dedebit, in the northwest of the area near the border with Eritrea, late Friday night, aid workers said.

One of the aid workers, who visited Shire Shul General Hospital where the injured were taken for treatment, said the camp was filled with women and children.

“They told me the bombs came in the middle of the night. It was completely dark and they couldn’t escape,” the aid worker said.

Ethiopian Federal Army go to combat with rebellious Tigrayan forces in November 2020.

Prior to the latest attack, at least 146 people had been killed and 213 wounded in air strikes in Tigray since October 18, according to a document prepared by aid agencies and shared with them. Reuters this week.

.

Source link

news7d

News 7D: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button