News

Chinese casualties in Galwan clash much higher than officially acknowledged: Report | India News


NEW DELHI: Chinese casualties in Galwan A new report says the fighting in June 2020 is much higher than the official figures.
“At least 38 PLA soldiers were swept away and drowned that night …”, Klaxon, an Australian newspaper reported, citing the findings of social media researchers. .
“The claims of significant Chinese casualties are not new, however evidence provided by a group of social media researchers, which The Klaxon has independently developed, seems to support the claims. that Chinese casualties far exceed the four soldiers Beijing named,” it added.
Some reports of the Indian and international press said that the Chinese side suffered more than 35 casualties; however the PLA only acknowledged the deaths of 5 of its soldiers. The Chinese media too, while underestimating the clashes, gave one-sided coverage of the events.

Klaxon’s report seems to corroborate what some reports in the Indian media, in the days following the clash – that many Chinese soldiers drowned while crossing the fast-flowing Galwan River, inside the dark.
The report builds on research on social media and reveals “the extreme time it took Beijing to quietly discuss the battle – especially discussing the casualty numbers.” really of China.”
In February last year, China officially acknowledged that five Chinese army officers and soldiers were killed in clashes with the Indian Army although many believe the death toll is higher.

Beijing awarded these four medals on February 19 last year. The very next day, a journalist was fired for questioning the official number of casualties in Galwan. Other reports at the time said the reporter was arrested after claiming online, including with his 2.5 million Weibo followers, that China was lying and undercutting its trade. their deaths in the Galwan Valley.
The border conflict in eastern Ladakh broke out on May 5, 2020, after a violent clash in the Pangong Lake area and both sides gradually increased their deployments by pummeling tens of thousands of troops as well as troops. heavy weapons.
20 Indian soldiers were killed in the clash that broke out in the Galwan Valley, east of Ladakh on June 15, 2020.

As a result of a series of diplomatic and military negotiations, the two sides completed the division in Gogra as well as on the north and south shores of Pangong Lake last year.
Each side currently has between 50,000 and 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control in the sensitive field.





Source link

news7d

News of max: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button