World

Chinese man gets 24 years for brutal group attack on women



TAIPEI, Taiwan – A court in northern China sentenced a man to 24 years in prison on Friday for his role in the malicious assault on four women, as well as other charges including including robbery and opening an illegal gambling den.

The People’s Court of Guangyang District in Hebei Province, northern Hebei Province stated in a statement that the man, Chen Jizhi, was the leader of a criminal gang and carried out criminal activities. for several years.

The court also sentenced 27 others. The charges against them include opening a casino, robbery, aiding cybercriminal activities, quarreling and inciting disorder, and sentences range from 6 months to 11 years.

Authorities began investigating Chen after a video came to light in early June in which he and several other men began beating four women at a barbecue restaurant in Tang Son, a city in Hebei. The men spared no force, using glass bottles and their fists to attack the women and even throw a chair.

Chen began the assault on a woman after she refused his offer and pushed his hand away. Then he put his hand on hers and pulled her out of the chair. He is quickly joined by members of his crew as the woman’s friends attempt to stop his attack. The incident was caught on video from surveillance camera In restaurant.

The offensive videos caused public anger and despair as many women raised concerns about their personal safety.

It also evokes public feelings of despair about violence against women going unpunished, such as a case earlier this year where a video showed a woman chained to a wall in a house. in the countryside. Authorities later discovered during an investigation that the woman was trafficked and sold as a bride.

Initial, the police arrested nine people, seven men and two women, for the attack on four women. Two of the women were hospitalized for their injuries.

The investigation into the attack on the public has evolved into a larger investigation into criminal activities and corruption. Prosecutors later said they were charging 27 others for crimes that came to light during the investigation.

In August, Communist Party authorities from the Hebei Provincial Commission for Discipline Inspection said they were investigating 15 officials for corruption linked to “evil organizations”, including those related to the attackers.

Fifteen people, including the director of Tangshan’s public security department and officers from several police stations, are suspected of abuse of power, bribery and other work-related crimes. Eight of them were detained during the investigation.





Source link

news7d

News 7D: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button