Boxing

Devin Haney arrives in Melbourne for Kambosos Jr rematch on October 16


Via Sean Jones: Undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney has arrived in Melbourne, Australia, for an October 16 rematch with George Kambosos Jr at Rod Laver Arena.

Haney (28-0, 15 KOs) is facing former unified champion Kambosos Jr (20-1, 10 KOs) as part of their rematch clause from their first bout last June.

There wasn’t much of a buzz for the second battle led by Kambosos Jr. keep silent.

The last time they fought, the Kambosos single-handedly generated a lot of interest by giving numerous interviews and working tirelessly to get boxing fans excited about the bout.

Kambosos’ one-sided loss to Haney last June seemed to have taken away the incentive to market the second match as he did the first, so for that reason a lot of fans of the right he didn’t even know the second match was going on. takes place on October 16.

“George is a living being. He has a belt; what he’s tasted about belts,” Devin Haney told Fighthype. “Now that he’s lost them, it’s clear he wants them back. I cannot take him lightly. I knew he was going to come in with a different approach, a different game plan, and come back hungrier than last time.

“No, I’m not surprised. He should have been silent for the first time,” Haney said when asked if he was surprised at how silent Kambosos Jr had been in the build-up to this fight.

YouTube Videos

“I was very professional, and he got out of character trying to get me out of character. It backfired on him. so it worked against him. Of course, he is taking a different approach. A lot of things he did wrong the first time, he is trying to adjust.

“I’m not even thinking about the third war right now. My main focus is on this win. I don’t think there are any banana peels inside a boxing ring, so we don’t have to worry about that.

“My main focus is to get in there and win and then see what comes next. You can always improve and always get better. Like I said, he’s going to take a much more aggressive approach to this fight.

“A blind man can see that the game plan he has for the first battle doesn’t work. He will try something different. We all know what it is. Obviously he will try to be more aggressive.

“He still made a lot of mistakes that we knew he would make in the first game, and he did. We planned it well. This time, we are doing the same thing. We are planning for the mistakes he made in the first game and in the previous fights,” Haney said.





Source link

news7d

News 7D: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button