Girl, 19, ‘murdered’ by Uttarakhand resort owner, son of BJP ex-minister, for ‘refusing prostitution’ | Dehradun News

DEHRADUN: A 19 year old girl from Pauri Garhwalwho went missing four days ago from a Rishikesh resort in Uttarakhand, where she used to work as a receptionist, is said to have been pushed from a cliff into the Ganga River by the owner and two of his employees for “refusing to enjoy. prostitution with hotel guests”.
A few days before she went missing, the victim, Ankita Bhandari, sent a chilling letter to her close friend on WhatsApp, saying: “They are forcing me to provide additional services to hotel guests, feeling unsafe… the owner tried to tried to kiss her forcibly.” She also shared her anguish with a few employees.
Police, on Friday, said that the teenager entered the resort with a salary of Rs 10,000 per month on August 28 this year and that the main defendant, Pulkit Arya, 35, is also the son of a senior leader. high of BJP and ex-lover. – state manager Vinod Arya, allegedly urged her to “develop sex with his guests to earn more” although she repeatedly refused.

local people

Angry locals gathered at the resort on Friday
her father, Virendra Bhandaria resident of Khanda Srikot, testified that when her daughter went missing on the night of September 18, he was informed the next day, according to which “he ran from column to column to register the incident with the police. revenue monitoring” and is managed only after that. the intervention of state assembly speaker Ritu Khanduri.
In addition to Pulkit, resort management Saurabh Bhaskar, 35, and employee Ankit Gupta, 19, were arrested and IPC sections 302 (murder), 120-b (criminal conspiracy) and 201 (disappearance of evidence) were later added to against them. All three are from Jwalapur in Haridwar district.
Breaking down the details of the case, SSP, Pauri Garhwal, Yashwant Singh, said, “During the interrogation on Thursday evening, the three defendants confessed to their crimes. Saurabh Bhaskar told police that evening. September 18, Pulkit, the owner of the Vanantara resort, and the girl engaged in an argument in her room, in front of him and Ankit Gupta.”
The SSP added: “At around 8pm, the three defendants then left the resort with her on two bicycles – the girl sat with Pulkit while Bhaskar and Gupta rode on another bike. towards AIIMS Rishikesh and had a snack. From there they arrived at Chilla Barrage around 8:30am where the three were drinking.There they had another argument with the girl.In anger, Pulkit pushed her from a cliff, a few kilometers from the resort, into the river, where she drowned within minutes. Search work is underway to retrieve the body.”
Shekhar Suyal, ASP (Kotdwar), leading a 14-member exploratory team, said, “The next morning, according to their plan, the three told others in the resort that the front desk staff had disappeared from her room. One of the staff members received a call from her the night of her disappearance, informing the police that he found her very stressed and crying a lot.”

local people 2

Angry locals including women prevented police from taking the accused to court in Rishikesh.
The girl’s father, still in a state of shock, said: “I went to the resort to check the CCTV footage, but the camera was broken. The local police are on the defendant’s side. I even did seeing the defendant with No other choice, I found the assembly speaker’s number and informed her everything over the phone. She lived in a nearby village. She listened patiently and pointed. directed the district magistrate to immediately register a case after which the local patron (revenue police inspector) filed a kidnapping case under IPC section 365 on September 21 before it was referred to regular police the next morning.”
A senior police officer of Pauri Garhwal, undercover on the case, requesting anonymity, told TOI, “Inspector Patwari Vivek Kumar wasted important time in the case. It was only three days after the incident happened. work has taken a big step forward. We are concerned a lot of the evidence is there Now has been lost. The girl’s body has not been found yet. An autopsy is very important to determine the details of the murder. . The county government should ask for a larger investigation.”
He also said, “It was also found that the girl had two cell phones tracked. Their last location was at AIIMS Rishikesh and Raiwala respectively, at around 8pm. After about half an hour, both both phones were off. They were probably with her when she was pushed off the cliff.” DM Pauri Garhwal Vijay Kumar Jogdande and patwari Vivek Kumar were not available for comment.
Earlier in the day, after the police arrested the three accused, angry locals including women in large numbers gathered at the resort to vandalize it. They also threw the three defendants after stopping the police vehicle that was taking them to a local court.

Source link


News 7D: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button