An Australian mother and daughter have lost a staggering 51 kg in 9 months following a simple eating plan that doesn’t restrict sweets and carbs.
Jessica Lewis and her mom Sandra Archer decided to join the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge together in an attempt to undo some of the damage they’ve done to their bodies as ‘sweet alcoholism’ ‘.
‘My mom and I have been changing our bodies and our lifestyles. She is my responsible friend and while we started this journey for different reasons, we have supported each other all along,’ Jessica said.
‘We’ve embraced the Healthy Mummy journey and never felt deprived of our favorites. We drank a Healthy Mummy Smoothie a day and really stuck to our eating plan.
‘Having each other to lean on, support and celebrate as the scales move and don’t move has made a world of difference. We can also enjoy all the benefits together like extra energy and just feeling so down. ‘
Jessica Lewis and her mother Sandra Archer have decided to join the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge together which aims to undo some of the damage they’ve done to their bodies ‘addiction to sweets with a sweet tooth’
JESSICA’S WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Jessica Lewis is a mother of 3 children aged 7, 5 and 1 and lives on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
She was able to lose 27.6 kg, 150 cm and two dress sizes by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
‘I joined Healthy Mummy when three months postpartum. I hit my target weight at 8 months old but continued to lose weight while breastfeeding for the first time,’ she said.
Jessica admits that although she wants to gain more weight after having her third child, there are other reasons for the lifestyle overhaul.
Jessica Lewis is a mother of three children aged seven, five and one and lives on the Gold Coast, Queensland
‘I joined for my mental health, to find myself and regain control and I did it quickly,’ she said
“I joined for my mental health, to find myself and regain control, and I did that quickly,” she said.
‘My physical health has been a huge boon because I feel great and have a lot more energy than I’ve ever had before but for me getting back into myself and being happy is all that. .’
‘I am becoming a role model for my children … they are learning healthy eating behaviors and hopefully have a healthy relationship with food.’
On a typical day, Jessica has a Healthy Mummy smoothie, one pear, one mocha, two Healthy Mummy snacks i.e. chocolate brownie cookies, Hidden Veggie Sausage Rolls and Healthy Mummy dinner recipe.
‘I’m obsessed with smoothies. A smoothie a day keeps the doctor away. I also love the peanut butter powder, super greens and collagen. I also use a range of skin care products, I’ve almost tried them all and love them,’ she said.
Jessica’s top three tips for success:
1. Don’t give up. Know why, remind yourself along the way, and reward yourself too. It is not a fad diet, but a lifestyle change. Have an accountable friend who will help you when you’re having a hard time, who’s mine and I chat with some of the other Healthy Moms as well.
2. Get the family involved. Find a way that works for your family and customize the program to work for you. My kids choose our meals differently each week with a new meal of my choice, which gets them involved and then they eat it! They also choose if the meal will be included in our recipe book.
3. Prepare meals what suits you. For me, I cut up all my veggies for the week, buy groceries online and I bake snacks in advance and freeze them, I bulk buy my meats, and I cook extra portions. so I can have leftovers for lunch or keep them in the fridge .
SANDRA’S WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Sandra Archer is 62 years old and also lives on the Gold Coast. Along with Jessica, she has two other grown children and 11 grandchildren.
For Sandra, there were a few decisive moments that made her realize that it was time to lose weight.
She is struggling to breathe while doing daily tasks and feels like she can’t be the grandma she wants to be.
‘I’m uncomfortable and struggle to do things like my shoes are torn, that’s enough for me. Especially when I live with my young grandchildren and I don’t have the energy to play with them,’ she said.
Sandra Archer is 62 years old and also lives on the Gold Coast. Along with Jessica, she has two other grown children and 11 grandchildren
Sandra was able to lose only 24 kg in 8 and a half months
Sandra was able to lose only 24 kg in 8 and a half months.
‘I’m feeling great within myself. I never thought I could do this. This is the longest time I’ve been able to stick with something, and the best part is, it’s so easy,’ she said.
‘I don’t feel like I’m on a diet, I’ve just made changes to my current lifestyle. I feel so much happier these days. I am no longer bored with life. ‘
What is Healthy Mom?
The Healthy Mummy’s purpose has always been to empower mothers to live healthier lives, and it started with just a few hundred mothers using Facebook programs for the over 825,000 mothers who are part of the Confirmation Community. marinated Healthy and changed their health, life and determined plans.
The two biggest products are the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and the Healthy Mom Smoothie.
Also available are over 52 books, supplements, singles, activity ranges, snack bars and lots more including Healthy Kids and Healthy Pregnancy products. There are also 130 Healthy Mom Consultants working for mothers themselves.
Free healthy recipes can be found here
Healthy pizza recipes popularized by Healthy Mummy followers
Pasta is also recommended, but often contains lots of vegetables and low-fat cheeses
Just like Jessica, Sandra has adopted Healthy Mummy Smoothies as part of her daily routine.
“I have a Healthy Mummy Smoothie every day and have been since I started,” she says.
She will also eat granola with probiotic yogurt for breakfast, followed by her coffee, smoothie, a snack like Biscoff cheesecake on the app and a recipe from the app for dinner.
For more information about The Beautiful Mummy, please click this.
Sandra’s top three tips for success:
1. Don’t give up because you can do whatever you put your mind to. Your age and weight don’t stop you from achieving anything.
2. Find someone to do it with. I do this with my daughter and she cooks for me a lot, we’ve always complimented each other and helped keep each other motivated and on track, it really helps. We even set a goal to lose 50kgs together and we did.
3. Just start moving. It took me two months before I started walking but now that I exercise every day, I feel great and have more energy. Let’s start small, it doesn’t have to be big, just move.
Source: | This article originally belonged to Dailymail.co.uk