NEW DELHI: Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshiyari has convened a special session of parliament, asking prime minister Uddhav Thackeray to demonstrate his strength on the floor.
The governor cited a letter he received from 7 Independent MLAs and media reports of 39 MLAs withdrawing support for the MVA government calling for floor testing.
Here is the letter from governor Koshiyari to Maharashtra council secretary saying during the floor inspection tomorrow:
* A special session of Maharashtra will be convened on June 30 at 11am with the only agenda being a vote of confidence against the prime minister
* The floor inspection will be finished “under any circumstances” by 5 p.m. and “will not be postponed for any reason.”
* The members got up from their seats to count the votes
* Proper arrangements for the House proceedings to be televised
* The entire process of the vote of confidence will be filmed by the Vidhan Sabha secretariat through an independent body and presented to the governor
* Full security implementation will be implemented outside and inside Vidhan Bhavan to maintain the sanctity of the voting process, in view of the “provocative statements of certain leaders. ”
*Notice to the Minister regarding the floor test on Thursday