World

Montenegrin gunman kills 10 people in the street before being shot and killed


CETINJE, Montenegro – Eleven people, including two children and the gunman, were killed in a mass shooting in Montenegro on Friday, and six others were injured, a state prosecutor told TV Vijesti after the initial investigation of the crime scene.

The shooting happened in the city of Cetinje, about 22 miles west of Podgorica, the capital of the small Balkan nation.

Andrijana Nastic, a state prosecutor, told TV Vijesti: “When we arrived at the scene, we saw nine dead bodies, including two children and two others who had died on the way to the hospital.

Ms. Nastic did not say how old the children were killed and could not disclose other details regarding the identities of the victims. Local media reported earlier that a policeman was among the injured.

“I can only say that the shooter was killed by a civilian,” Nastic said. Local media had earlier reported that police had killed the shooter.

According to a police source cited by state television channel RTCG, the attack, carried out by a 34-year-old man, happened after a family argument. Police have not made a statement about the attack but have cordoned off the site of the shooting.

The RTCG, citing witnesses, said the attacker randomly shot at people walking on the street.

Prime Minister Dritan Abazovic of Montenegro wrote on his Telegram channel that there had been “an unprecedented tragedy” in Cetinje and said that a three-day period of mourning would be declared in Montenegro starting Friday evening.



Source link

news7d

News 7D: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button