With both His father and isolated grandmother after contracting coronavirus and his wife on her first solo overseas tour in 5 years, Prince William had to step in to perform some of their royal duties.
William appeared at Windsor Castle on Tuesday for a promotion ceremony, perpetuating the centuries-old tradition of a member of the British royal family handing out medals directly to various honors. The Duke of Cambridge donned his military uniform for the occasion, presenting awards to citizens in recognition of their outstanding achievements and service.
The appearance of the prince at the appearance ceremony follows Queen Elizabeth right cancel all her virtual meetings is expected on Tuesday as she continues to recover from her “mild” coronavirus symptoms. Buckingham Palace released a statement clarifying that, “As Her Majesty is still experiencing mild cold-like symptoms, she has decided not to carry out the virtual skirmishes planned for the day now, but will continue with light duties.” Those light duties include going through her daily red box and signing official papers, both of which she has continued to do since Sunday when she first. tested positive for the disease. According to a royal source who spoke with Everyone, the palace has decided to play the game by ear when it comes to the queen’s other upcoming engagements this week and will be assessing her health daily. The royal family is said to be fully vaccinated and all visitors to Windsor Castle are required to undergo a COVID test upon entry.
The king’s positive diagnosis came a week after her son Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, both tested positive for coronavirus also. Charles also met the Queen at Windsor Castle for his coronation two days before he accepted his second positive diagnosis. The two are currently in isolation and a Clarence House spokesman confirmed that they “continue to follow government guidelines”.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Inside Prince Andrew’s Mistake explain Jeffrey Epstein
– Vanity FairHollywood 2022 Issues: View full portfolio featuring Nicole Kidman, Kristen Stewart, etc
– Julia Fox is The celebrity we all want
– The Complicated love life of King George VI
– Artist, Madonna, and Last Known Portrait of Jeffrey Epstein
– 16 Oscar-nominated films You can go live now
– Monica Lewinsky on The Wordle phenomenon
– 28 Black Beauty and Health Brands have something for everyone
– From the Archives: Singular Intimacy of Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret
– Registration for “Purchase Line” to receive curated lists of fashion, books, and beauty supplies in a weekly newsletter.