[Warning: Potentially Triggering Content]
19-year-old TikTok star Cooper NoriegaThe cause of death was finally revealed.
As Perezcious readers know, the young star on social media sudden death June 9th; He was found dead in a Los Angeles parking lot. This creator has a history of mental health challenges and substance abuse — and just hours before his death, he posted a bizarre post about dying young. So the news of his death shocked and heartbroken so many people around the world…
Now, new insight into what happened on that devastating day is coming to light. Follow Los Angeles County Forensic Examiner on Monday, the teenager died from the “synergy of alprazolam [AKA Xanax], fentanyl, and lorazepam,” a last resort commonly used to treat anxiety disorders. The report also notes that there is evidence of “recent use of clonazepam.” [AKA Klonopin] use.” His death was ruled an “accident.”
It’s all heartbreaking all around, but especially when it comes to seeing fentanyl on this list. The drug has been used by many people over the past few years, including Prince, little tomand Mac Miller. It is said to be 50 times stronger than heroin and is most dangerous when mixed with other drugs (when the user is unaware) as even small amounts can be deadly. It is heartbreaking to watch it continue to claim the lives of more and more people…
As mentioned, Cooper died suddenly. News of his death first spread on social media when sport stools BFF The podcast account posted about the “devastating news,” adding:
“RIP Cooper Noriega. Life is fragile. Enjoy every minute”
The death was particularly shocking for podcast hosts because just a week earlier, TikToker had appeared on the show. While friends and fans mourned on social media, the Cooper family also experience a loss beyond imagination. Cooper’s sister, Parker Noriegawrote in a June 11 statement:
“Hi everyone. On behalf of our family, we’d like to thank you all for your kind words for our little barn. His passing is an absolute tragedy for the family. and our loved ones. We pray that all of us as a community can continue his legacy. He loves each and every one of them. [sic] your. Please feel free to contact us as we would love to feel all the support. Bless you all…with love, his sister.”
The influencer’s father, Harold Noriegafollow on Facebook with a message of its own, writing:
“We lost our beautiful 19 year old Cooper last night. He is loved by many people and is truly the love of Treva‘s, Parker’s and my life.”
“There are no words to describe the grief and loss. It is not this way. Your child is not allowed to park in front of his or her parents. Cooper touched a lot of people. … My son is a believer and I know he is in the presence of the Lord. Thanks everyone. I love you all.”
Very tragic indeed.
Sadly, just days before Cooper passed away, he opened up about his challenges with addiction and mental health in a very candid IG post explaining why he decided to determined discord server for “mental health.” “Struggling with addiction” since the age of 9, he explains the importance of seeking help:
“You might think it’s crazy but that’s the life I’ve lived through.”
The Upcoming Celebrity continued:
“[I want to] creating a space based on spreading awareness and normalizing talking about mental illness. My ultimate goal is to open a rehab where people are trauma-free at the end of their recovery and where the staff are trustworthy people.”
Such a beautiful goal will sadly not be realized… We are sending so much love to Noriega’s family and all of Cooper’s loved ones as they continue to mourn her passing. he. Substance abuse and mental illness are such brutal diseases. You can rest in peace.
If you or someone you know is experiencing substance abuse, help is always available. Consider checking out the resources SAMHSA offers at https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline.