World

Saudi Arabia sets limit of 1 million Hajj pilgrims this year | Religious News


Saudi Arabia said that Muslims from home and abroad will be able to perform the Hajj provided they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and not older than 65 years of age.

Saudi Arabia has said it will allow one million people – from both inside and outside the kingdom – to perform the Hajj this year compared with just a few thousand pilgrims in the country last year.

The kingdom’s Hajj ministry said the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca, Islam’s holiest site, will be for those under the age of 65 and that pilgrims must be fully vaccinated, the news agency said. tons of state news Saudi SAP reported early on Saturday.

The ministry added that pilgrims from abroad must also present a negative COVID-19 PCR test and will take extra health precautions.

Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam and is the only duty in life all fit Muslims must fulfill if they can afford it. It is scheduled to take place in July of this year.

Just one several thousand yen people are allowed to make the pilgrimage in 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Before the virus emerged, about 2.5 million people would come to Saudi Arabia for the annual Hajj.



Source link

news7d

News of max: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button