It’s the end of an era for Wendy Williams, and start a new one for Sherri Shepherd. On Tuesday, distributor Debmar-Mercury announced debut in the fall of Sherri, a talk show hosted by Shepherd will inherit the location The Wendy Williams Show occupation for 14 seasons.
“GOOD! I’m so excited to have my dream come true and launch my own talk show, Sherri, in the fall,” Shepherd said in a statement. “I can’t wait until I’m back in NY to host the show and mix everything I love — pop culture, talk, entertainment, and comedy. I thank Debmar-Mercury and Fox for working with me on this show and look forward to this new journey.”
Shepherd served as a regular guest host on Fox’s daytime show while Williams recuperated from a series of shows. health problems, including one case of COVID-19 and ongoing effects from the immunocompromised Graves’ disease. Williams has not posted her eponymous series since July 2021, leading to speculation about her future with it.
Sherri will retain some DNA from Wendy Williams, includes the popular Hot Topic segment and the showrunner-showrunner David Perler, who held his post for 12 seasons. He will EP with Shepherd and her producing partner, Jawn Murray. Shepherd is currently piloting Fox’s daytime talking costume Country food and hold a spot at ABC’s To watch for seven seasons from 2007 to 2014.
“Like our viewers, we were struck by the unique humor Sherri put into our daily, live Hot Topics segment, her creativity, and interactions with our guests,” police chief Debmar-Mercury Mort Marcus and Ira Bernstein said in a statement. “Her love for content and day-time fans is evident, and we’re thrilled to be partnering with her to create another long-running conversational brand.”
Marcus and Bernstein also acknowledge the “sad and bittersweet” nature of Shepherd’s arrival and Williams’ departure from the talk show field. “We all have great love and care for Wendy, who has become a true icon during her incredible 12 seasons as the solo host of a show. daily live chat, enjoy Hot Topics and interview celebrities,” their statement continued. “As Wendy is still unavailable to host as she continues her recovery, we believe it’s best for our fans, station, and advertising partners to start making the transition. this now. We hope to be able to work with Wendy again in the future, and continue to wish her a speedy and complete recovery. ”
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Vanity FairHollywood 2022 Issues: View full portfolio featuring Nicole Kidman, Kristen Stewart, etc
– by Amazon Lord of the Rings Increase series: Inside Rings of Power
– Unrecognizable Renee Zellweger as a Midwestern murder mother
– Oscar Nominations: The Biggest Snubs and Surprises
– Oprah Winfrey revealed new glory Violet Cast
– Watch out for Tinder Swindler, a Real life dating app villains
– W. Kamau Bell was appalled for everyone to see his Bill Cosby Document
– Artist, Madonna, and Last Known Portrait of Jeffrey Epstein
– From the Archive: Inside Bill Cosby’s 12 Years’ Battle denial, doubt and legal machinery
– Registration Newsletter “HWD Daily” on the must-read industry and the scope of the awards — along with the weekly special edition of “Awards Insider.”