Tips to keep your workouts fresh and interesting
Think about your workout routine: do you enjoy it? Did you see the results? Are you looking forward to your workout? If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep doing what you’re doing! No need to change something that is working.
However, if you answered no to any of these signs or experience any of these signs, it may be time to change your habits.
Signs it’s time for a change:
- You are feeling stuck. If you no longer enjoy your workout, you know it’s time for a change. If you’ve been following the same routine for weeks or months, working out can start to feel more like a chore than something you enjoy doing.
- You don’t see progress. If you consistently follow the exact same routine, you may experience a steady state. This happens when your body is too used to the exercises and you don’t see results.
- You are injured. By repeatedly using the same muscles, you run the risk of overusing those muscles and injury. Changing your routine allows you to work other muscles and let your other muscles heal and rest.
- You’re bored. Following the exact same routine can become boring and you may no longer feel challenged. This can make it harder to stay motivated.
If you’ve decided it’s time to change up your workout routine, you may not know where to start. Chances are you’re already comfortable with your routine, and it can be hard to start over and try something new. Here are a few simple tips to get you started converting things.
- Train new muscles. If you repeatedly train the same muscles, they will begin to get used to the movement and your other muscles will be neglected. Pay attention to the areas you tend not to focus on and look up exercises that target them. That way, you’ll get a more comprehensive workout.
- Go to new classes. Trying new classes can be a great way to try new exercises and see what you like! Hamel Rec offers free group exercise classes that include beginner weights, cycling, yoga, and zumba. Classes are offered at all times and are risk free!
- Practice with a friend. Working with someone is a great way to stay motivated and try new things. You can come up with a plan together or take the place of the person who makes the plan each day. This keeps your workout fresh and helps you stay more consistent.
Exercise is a very powerful tool for improving your overall health. Exercise should be fun and pleasurable, and shouldn’t be something that scares you. Listen to your body and figure out what makes you feel most comfortable! Visit our friends at Hamel Rec to see all they have to offer when it comes to exercise.
What is your current workout routine? Let us know by emailing us at [email protected]!