[Warning: Potentially Triggering Content]
Rapper Take off is facing an upcoming trial for a rape allegation at a house party in Los Angeles before His shocking death earlier this week in Houston.
28 years old Migos member accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a party at the producer DJ Durelhome in the Encino neighborhood of Los Angeles in June 2020. The victim filed a civil lawsuit against Takeoff last August following the incident. LAPD refused to file criminal charges. The late rapper, who was killed in a shooting early Tuesday at a billiards and bowling alley in Houston, was recently asked to testify about the incident next January.
According to court documents, the victim – known anonymously as Jane Doe on file – went to a party at DJ Durel’s house in Encino one evening in June 2020. Per American Sun, she claims the hip-hop artist arrived “a little while later” and allegedly started “staring” at her, making her “uncomfortable” with his presence. She is said to have told Durel – her real name is Daryl McPherson – that she has “no desire to enter into any kind of intimate relationship” with Takeoff.
At one point, Jane Doe and Durel went upstairs, where they allegedly “argued” with Bad and Boujee Performers. The woman is said to have entered the DJ’s bedroom alone. The court complaint outlines what allegedly happened next:
“Defendant Take Off started touching Plaintiff’s ass. Plaintiff explicitly and unequivocally denied Defendant Takeoff’s advances and told Defendant Takeoff that she did not wish to have sex with him. Despite Plaintiff’s apparent denial, Defendant Takeoff grabbed Plaintiff, turned her face down, and pulled down her clothes. “
OH MY GOD.
The civil filing continues:
“Defendant Takeoff then made a sexual assault on Plaintiff from behind without Plaintiff’s consent. After Defendant Takeoff finished raping Plaintiff, he immediately left the room. Plaintiff sought medical attention at a nearby hospital that same day, where hospital staff observed physical evidence of forced rape and notified the Los Angeles Police Department. “
The LAPD investigated the case, but last year the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office denied criminal charges. The law enforcement organization cited “insufficient evidence” of the alleged attack, according to American Sun.
In a response also noted to the court, Takeoff denied all charges against him. Through his lawyer, the late rapper asserts many things in the document pay before you die:
“Damages and injuries, if any, suffered by the Plaintiff directly and largely as a result of the negligent, reckless, negligent and tortuous conduct of individuals or entities other than Respondent. “
The case has been progressing through the LA Superior Court system for months. Attorneys for both sides are arguing over whether Takeoff will testify in court or via video from his home in Georgia. Those issues were still unresolved at that time about the death of a Georgian native this week. The woman’s attorney recently filed a request for a judge to force Takeoff to testify by mid-January 2023.
The most recent movement says:
“The defendant was not able to appear because he was given the right amount of attention despite numerous attempts to meet and communicate between the parties regarding alternate dates. After a year of meeting and exchange efforts, Respondent’s inaction forced Plaintiff to file this motion.
According to the news agency, a judge has also set a date for the hearing of the civil case next June. Obviously, with Takeoff’s shocking death the other dayIt remains to be seen what will come out of this legal situation.
[Image via WENN]