How simple affirmations can change your life
How do you talk to yourself? Are you kind and complementary to the things you’re doing well? Or are you constantly criticizing yourself and reminding yourself of everything that you are doing wrong? The sad truth is that for many, it’s the latter.
Affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself with confidence which you think is correct. Affirmations are said to work because by repeating them you are making your mind believe that what you are saying is true. Affirmations can be an extremely powerful tool in improving your mental health. They help ensure that you’re talking to yourself in a positive, healing way rather than tearing yourself down.
In order for affirmations to work in your daily life, you need to take a few steps:
- Find what you need to do. Start by making a list of all your negative qualities. Include anything and everything you’ve been holding, regardless of whether that’s true or not. This way, you will notice a theme and know where you need to make a change in your life.
- Turn negative into positive. Now try to rewrite all criticisms about yourself as positive. For example, if you write “I am not worthy”, you can rewrite it as “I am worthy of love and friendship”, or anything that may be related to you. This makes the affirmations more personal.
- Repeat it. Repeat your affirmations throughout the day. Try to schedule yourself, such as five minutes in the morning, evening, and evening. Also, try looking in the mirror as you repeat them so you can see yourself and they stick better!
By incorporating affirmations into your daily routine, your outlook on life will completely change. You will start to have a much more positive outlook, which will improve your life. Here are some affirmations for you to try out over the next week:
- I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.
- I am loved just for who I am, for existence.
- The perfect moment is this moment.
- Nothing can overshadow the light shining from within.
- I have enough for today, tomorrow and every day.
Check out other daily affirmations you can use too!
Do you use any daily affirmations? Let us know by emailing us at [email protected]!