Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte appears to have changed his mind about the club’s January transfer business as he concedes over Harry Kane’s future
Video not available
Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte has said that Harry Kane “deserves the best” amid reports the player has been linked with leaving the club.
Kane close to joining Pep Guardiola City of Manchester last summer but a move fell through with Daniel Levy refusing to reduce his claim to the striker, who was also recently linked with a move to Manchester United. And Conte was full of praise for his star striker after another impressive display at the weekend.
It comes as the Spurs boss has completed a review of his views on the club’s January transfer window as he claims his squad is now “more complete” thanks to signings that they have done. And a new date has been set for the north London derby that could decide which team qualifies for next season Champions League.
This is Mirror Football’s latest Tottenham Hotspur title.
Have your voice! Will Harry Kane still be a Spurs player next season? Let us know what you think in the comments section below
Derby date confirmed
The north London derby will take place on Thursday, May 12, after the match was previously postponed.
The match between Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal was rescheduled to January due to a number of player absences due to Covid and the Cup of African Nations. The match will now take place 10 days before the end of the campaign – with both sides hoping to end in Premier League finished in the top four and qualified for next season’s Champions League.
It means that the fixture list can have a huge impact on which team finishes higher in the table this season.
Spurs manager Antonio Conte appears to have changed his mind about how the club is operating in the January transfer window.
The Italians previously claimed the club “on paper have weakened” their squad after losing four players but bringing in only two. Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski come on from Juventus while names like Dele Alli, Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani lo Celso and Byran Gil are all gone.
But Conte now says his squad is “more complete” after a string of fine performances by his two new players.
Harry Kane Admission
Antonio Conte has said he hopes to give star striker Harry Kane “satisfaction” after the striker was linked with a move away from the club.
Reports have suggested Kane could be looking to leave the club this summer to fight for silver titles before his career ends. And with the player linked with a move, Conte has admitted the England captain “deserves the best”. It comes as the Italians heaped praise on his star striker after an impressive start in the 5-1 defeat of Newcastle Flowers at the weekend.
And it seems clear Conte will do all he can to keep Kane at the club this summer.